This month I’ll be highlighting skin care products from CeraVe, a most-excellent drugstore brand. It’s a CeraVe jamboree! Kicking off the series is a facial cleansing all star — Hydrating Facial Cleanser for Normal to Dry Skin.
Things that are common knowledge…
- The third cat is always — always — the gateway cat. 😺
- The second bottle of CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser is the gateway bottle.
I’m living proof of that second one, as this is my second bottle of CeraVe Hydrating Facial Cleanser, and I just placed an order for a third and fourth!
In my defense, the fourth bottle will remain on standby for when the third one runs out… Yes, it’s that good. All I have to say to my dry skin is HA! Take that. 😁
I have combo skin, so it’s dry in some spots and oily and acne prone in others. I also have quite a few anti-aging and anti-acne products around the house, so my skin is constantly being exfoliated by retinols, acids and benzoyl peroxide… It’s a lot, but this cleanser keeps my skin happy. With it, my skin never gets too dry and never feels painful due to all of the other business happening to it on a daily basis.
- WHAT IT IS: An unscented, hydrating, creamy and non-foaming facial cleanser for normal and dry skin.
- IT’S MAIN JOB: To keep the skin barrier (the outermost layers of your skin) happily hydrated using a time-released formula containing ceramides and hyaluronic acid.
- HOW IT HANDLES MAKEUP: It easily removes light layers of makeup, but I do a double cleanse (as in wash once with this product, then repeat again) just to be extra sure. As for removing long-wearing makeup and/or sunscreens, I recommend using an oil-based cleanser or eye makeup remover first before following up with CeraVe Cleanser.
- WHAT’S IT SIMILAR TO: If you’ve ever used Cetaphil cleanser and loved it, CeraVe’s is similar in the way it feels and how gentle it cleanses. That said, CeraVe’s cleanser is more moisturizing. With the Cetaphil cleanser, I always have to follow it up with a layer of moisturizer, which I don’t feel the need to do with the CeraVe one.
- WHO WILL LOVE IT: Someone with dry or combo skin, or someone who uses a number of anti-aging or anti-acne products.
CeraVe on sale at Ulta
A big 16-oz. bottle with a pump is $15.99 at Ulta, and right now they’re having a buy-one-get-one-40%-off deal.
Don’t sleep on this one, queen!
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,